Wednesday 11 August 2010

Decisions, Decisions


It's going a bit wrong now. The pool of articles that I was in the process of whittling down has grown from twenty to about twenty-six. Some of the newer ones actually have real proper actual jokes in them - not very funny ones, but jokes nonetheless. Do people really want to know about Pigmongering, I ask myself? Is the Ministry of Factular Informations worthy of inclusion? And should I really unleash Mrs Wilberforce and the River on the world, even though the world is likely to maintain an irritating display of indifference towards it?


In my desperation I turned to dark and ancient arts, conferring with practitioners of forbidden knowledge from the dawn of time. I paid particular attention to Madame Fatima who announces her predictions to the faithful through the astrology column in the Evening Bugle. She seemed to think it was a good day for me to meet new people, and that my lucky number would be five, but otherwise refrained from commenting on my particular dilemma.


And then it struck me - does it really matter? Onwards then, and don't spare the horses! And as for Mrs Wilberforce - I like it, so she's in.


No comments:

Post a Comment